- Smart Cloudlet Research Project
June Sung Park (Invited professor)
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Systems Engineering,
Ohio State University, 1988
- 1979. 2 Seoul National University. Business Administration B.S.
- 1983. 2 Seoul National University. Business Administration M.S.
- 1988. 9 Ohio State University. Computer Science & Systems Engineering Ph.D.
- 1987 - 1988 : Instructor, Dept. of Quantitative Business Analysis, Louisiana State University
- 1988 - 1989 : Assistant Professor, Dept. of Quantitative Business Analysis, Louisiana State University
- 1989 - 1995 : Assistant Professor, Management Sciences Dept., The University of Iowa.
- 1995 - 1999 : Associate Professor (tenured), Management Sciences Dept., The University of Iowa.
- 1997 : Invited Professor, TelecomMBA Program, Graduate School of Management, KAIST
- 2000 : Samsung Fellow Professor of Information Technology, Henry B. Tippie College of Business, The University of Iowa.
- 2000 : Invited Professor, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- 2001 - 2009 : Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Samsung SDS
- 2001 - 2010 : Adjunct Professor, Computer Science Dept., KAIST
- 2007 - 2010 : Adjunct Professor, Industrial Engineering Dept., KAIST
- 2010 - Present : Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering / Computer Science, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- 2013 - Present : Principal Investigator, Smart Mobile Cloudlet Research Program, funded by Korea Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning
- 2013 - Present : Principal Investigator, Research Project for International Standardization of Agile Enactment of Software Engineering Methods, funded by Korea Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
- 2014 - Present : Research Director, Development of Cloud Services for Software Engineering Method Enactment Based on the OMG Essence Standard, funded by Korea Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning
- Park, J.S., Software Product Management, Samsung SDS Multicampus, 2013 (Internal Education Text, 325 pages)
- Park, J.S., Business Analysis, Samsung SDS Multicampus, 2012 (Internal Education Text, 856 pages)
- V. Sridhar and J.S.Park, “Design of High Capacity Survivable Networks,” in J.Gutierrez (ed.) Business Data Communications and Networking: A Research Perspective, IDEA Group Publishing, 2007.
- Park, J.S. “Wide Area Networks,” In H. Bidgoli (ed.), Encyclopedia of Information Systems: Volume 4, Academic Press (2003) 649-660.
- Park, J.S. Architecture, CBD and Web Services, Samsung SDS Multicampus, 2002 (Internal Education Text, 183 pages)
- Park, J.S. Systems Analysis and Design Using UML, Samsung SDS Multicampus, 2001 (Internal Education Text, 126 pages)
- Park, J.S. Software Architecture and Component-Based Development, Samsung SDS Multicampus, 2001 (Internal Education Text, 172 pages)
- Sridhar, V., J.S. Park and B. Gavish, “LP-Based Heuristic Algorithms for Interconnecting Token Rings via Source Routing Bridges,” in R.
- Doverspike and I. Saniee (eds.), Heuristic Approaches for Telecommunications Network Management, Planning and Expansion, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
- • Park, J.S. “Essence-Based Goal-Driven Adaptive Software Engineering,” General Theory of Software Engineering Workshop, International Conference on Software Engineering, Florence, Italy, May 18, 2015.
- • Park, J.S., , “Software Engineering in the Context of Business Systems,” in Ivar Jacobson and Harold Lawson (ed.) Software Engineering in the Systems Context, College Publications: London, 2015.
- • Park, J.S., “Essence-Based Adaptive Software Engineering,” Pre-Conference Tutorial, EAIT 2014 Conference, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India, December 19, 2014.
- • Park, J.S. and J.Y. Jang, “Software Engineering Methods Enactment Based on OMG Essence Standard,” Fall Symposium of Korea Society of Standards and Standardization, November 28, 2014. (in Korean)
- • Park, J.S., “Change Business Model to Change Way of Working,” Tech & Beyond, Money Today (November 2014) pp. 36-39 (in Korean)
- • Park, J.S., I. Jacobson, B. Myburgh and P. Johnson, “SEMAT Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow,” SEMAT (http://semat.org), November 2014.
- • Park, J.S. “Cloud Migration Strategy and Process,” Cloud Technical Report, Issue No. 4, Cloud Computing Support Center of Korea, November 2014. (in Korean)
- • Park, J.S. “Industrial Applications of OMG Essence Standard on Software Engineering Methods,” Spring Symposium of Korea Society of Standards and Standardization, May 30, 2014.
- • Lee, U., S. Kang, D. Shin, J.S. Park and M. Myong, “A Study on the Design of Application and User Experience for Smart Mobile Cloudlet Services,” HCI Korea 2014, HCI Society of Korea, Seoul, Korea, Feb.12-14, 2014.
- • Park, J.S. “Standardization of Software Engineering Methods: OMG Essence,” Journal of Standards and Standardization, Vol. 3, No. 2 (2013) 33-45 (published in Korean by Korea Society of Standards and Standardization)
- • Park, J.S. “An Essay on Software as a Service,” Cloud Technical Report, Issue No. 1, Cloud Computing Support Center of Korea, (Sept. 2013). (in Korean)
- • Lim, B.H. and J.S. Park, “Capacity Assignment and Routing for Interactive Multimedia Service Networks” Journal of Communications and Networks, (Dec. 2010) 246-252.
- • Park, J.S., “A Framework for Education Engineering for IT Service,” Journal of Korea Information Science Society (Feb. 2008)
- • Park, J.S., B.H. Lim and L.J. LeBlanc, Optimal Design of Reliable SONET Feeder Networks, Information Technology and Management 8, 1 (March 2007) 19-29.
- • Barbour, R., J.S. Park, W.H. Sohn and G. Wemyss, “Samsung SDS’ Experience Performing SCAMPI Class A with the People CMM,” Software Engineering Process Group Conference, Software Engineering Institute of Carnegie Mellon University, Nashville, TN, March 6-9, 2006.
- • Park, J.S. “Information Systems and Industrial Engineering,” (Invited Paper) IE Magazine, Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers (Sept. 2005) (In Korean).
- • Biskup, T., V. Sridhar and J.S. Park, “An Approach to Solving Survivable Capacitated Network Design Problem,” International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking 1, 2 (April-June 2005) 1-16.
- • Park, J.S., K.J. Kim and J.P. Kim, “Applying PSP/TSP to CBD Projects,” Software Engineering Process Group Conference, Software Engineering Institute of Carnegie Mellon University, Boston, MA, February 24-27, 2003.
- • Park, J.S., L. LeBlanc and B.H. Lim, “Network Design Using SMDS and Leased Lines,” Telecommunication Systems 20, 1/2 (May/June 2002) 151-162.
- • Park, J.S. “Web Services,” Keynote speech in Edge U.S. 2002 Conference, Computer Associate, Dallas, TX, 2002.
- • Oh, Y.B., H.D. Na, J.S. Park and D.K. Baik, “Component-Based Software Development Process,” Communications of the Korea Information Science Society 20, 3 (March 2002) 15-22 (in Korean).
- • Park, J.S. “An Essay on CBD,” Journal of the Institute of Information Technology Assessment 3, 3 (Oct. 2001) 42-55 (in Korean).
- • Park, J.S. “Component-Based Development of eBusiness Solutions Using COOL:Plex,” CA-World Conference (Organized by Computer Associates) Orlando, FL, July 8-12, 2001.
- • Park, J.S., “A New Revolutionary Paradigm of Software Development for Mainstream Business Operations,” International Journal of Technology Management 20, 3/4 (2000) 272-286.
- • Park, J.S., W.H. Sohn and J.S. Jaegal, “Process/Methods for COOL:Gen / COM Proxy,” CA-World Conference (Organized by Computer Associates) New Orleans, LA, April 9-14, 2000.
- • Tcha, D.W., J.S. Park, S.G. Chang and K.H. Song,
- • Lee, S., I. Han and J.S. Park,
- • Kim, Y.K., S.H. Koh and J.S. Park,
- • Sridhar, V. and J.S. Park, “Benders-and-Cut Algorithm for Fixed-Charge Capacitated Network Design Problems,” European Journal of Operational Research 125, 3 (Sept. 2000) 622-632.
- • Sridhar, V., J.S. Park and B. Gavish, “LP-Based Heuristic Algorithms for Interconnecting Token Rings via Source Routing Bridges,” Journal of Heuristics 6, 1 (April 2000) 149-166.
- • Oh, Y.B. and J.S. Park, “Industrial Applications of Component-Based Software Engineering,” Software Engineering Review 12, 3 (Sept. 1999) KoreaInformationScienceSociety(inKorean).
- • Park, J.S., B.H. Lim and Y. Lee, “A Lagrangian Dual-Based Branch-and-Bound Algorithm for the Generalized Multi-Assignment Problem,” Management Science 44, 12 (Dec. 1998)
- • Kaefer, F. and J.S. Park, “Interconnecting LANs and a FDDI Backbone Using Transparent Bridges: A Model and Solution Algorithms,” INFORMS Journal on Computing 10, 1 (Winter 1998) 25-39.
- • Park, J.S. and V. Sridhar, “Probabilistic Model and Optimal Reorganization of B+-Tree with Physical Clustering,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 9, 5 (Sept./Oct. 1997) 1-7.
- • Lee, Y., B.H. Lim and J.S. Park, “A Hub Location Problem in Designing Digital Data Service Networks: Lagrangian Relaxation Approach,” Location Science 4, 3 (1996) 185-194.
- • LeBlanc, L.J., J.S. Park, V. Sridhar and J. Kalvenes, “Topology Design and Bridge-Capacity Assignment for Interconnecting Token Ring LANs: Simulated Annealing Approach,” Telecommunication Systems 6, 1 (Aug. 1996) 21-43.
- • Park, J.S., R. Bartoszynski, and W. Rosenkrantz, “Stability of p-Persistent CSMA/CD,” INFORMS Journal on Computing 7, 2 (Spring 1995) 149-159.
- • Park, J.S., C. Ho, and T.J. Lowe, “Replicated Module Allocation in LAN-Based Concurrent Processing Systems,” Telecommunication Systems 3, 3 (March 1995) 295-318.
- • Park, J.S. and K. Kang, “Delay Analysis of Multidimensional Queueing Process in CSMA/CD Local Area Networks,” Telecommunication Systems 1, 3 (Feb. 1993) 217-242.
- • Park, J.S., M. Peters, and K. Tang, “Optimal Inspection Policy in Sequential Screening,” Management Science 37, 8 (Aug. 1991) 1058-1061.
- • Park, J.S. and R. Bartoszynski, “Queueing Analysis for Buffered Persistent CSMA Local Networks,” INFOR 28, 3 (Aug. 1990) 190-200.
- • Park, J.S., R. Bartoszynski, P. De, and H. Pirkul, “Optimal Reorganization Policies for Stationary and Evolutionary Databases,” Management Science 36, 5 (May 1990) 613-631.
- • De, P., J.S. Park, and H. Pirkul, “An Integrated Model of Record Segmentation and Access Path Selection for Databases,” Information Systems 13, 1 (Jan. 1988) 13-30.