Se-Young Yun (Adjunct professor)
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering,
- 2006 KAIST. Electrical Engineering B.S.
- 2016.03~2017.07 Post-doctoral researcher in Los Alamos National Lab., Los Alamos, NM, USA
- 2015.06~2016.03 Visiting researcher in Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK
- 2014.04~2015.04 Post-doctoral researcher in Microsoft Research - Inria Joint Center, France
- 2013.02~2014.05 Post-doctoral researcher in Dept. Automatic Control, KTH, Sweden
- 2012.02~2013.02 Post-doctoral researcher in Dept. Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Korea
- My main research objective consists in design and performance analysis of algorithms accounting for possible memory and computational limitations. This task is central in all fields related to data science and machine learning, and naturally finds applications in many disciplines including communication, biology (e.g., DNA microarray analysis), robotics (e.g., computer vision), healthcare, transportation, education, public safety and security.
- Se-Young Yun and Alexandre Proutiere, “Optimal Cluster Recovery in the Labeled Stochastic Block Model,” in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Dec. 2016.
- Milan Vojnovic and Se-Young Yun* (alphabetical order), “Parameter Estimation for Generalized Thurstone Choice Models,” in International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), June, 2016.
- Se-Young Yun, Marc Lelarge and Alexandre Proutiere,“FastandMemoryOptimalLow-RankMatrix Approximation,” in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Dec. 2015
- Se-Young Yun, Marc Lelarge and Alexandre Proutiere, “Streaming, Memory Limited Algorithms for Community Detection,” in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Dec. 2014
- Se-Young Yun and Alexandre Proutiere, “Community Detection via Random and Adaptive Sampling,” in Conference on Learning Theory (COLT), June 2014.
- Reviewer of Journal: IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, Elsevier Computer Communications, IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Queueing Systems
- TPC of Conference: IEEE ICCC 2015 WCS Symposium, ACM Sigmetrics 2016
- Reviewer of Conference: NIPS 2016, 2017