Ph.D in Industrial Engineering
Minnesota University, 1975
- 1968. 2 Seoul National University. Physical metallurgy B.S.
- 1972. 7 Univ.of Minnesota. Industrial Engineering M.S.
- 1975. 7 Univ.of Minnesota. Industrial Engineering Ph.D.
- 1975 - : Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, KAIST
- 1989 - 1990 : Vice-president of Korea Institue of Industiral Engineering
- 1991 - 1993 : Dean of Seoul Branch Institute, KAIST
- 1994 - 1997 : Chairman of Department of Industrial Management, KAIST
- 1997 - 1998 : President of Korea Institue of Industiral Engineering
- 2000 - Present : Editor of Internaltional Journal: Int’ㅣ J. of Prod. Res., Int’ㅣ J. of Mgt. Tech. & Mgt., J. of Mfg. Systems, Com. & I.E., Eng. Optimization, APMR.
- Design & Operation Strategies of Material Handling Systems(Storage Systems, AGV, Conveyor)
- Optimizations of Production Systems(Transfer Line, FMS, JIT, GT, Facility Planning & Location Theory)
- Modeling & Developments of Algorithms related to Supply Chain Management (Vehicle Routing, Green Logistics)
- 우편집중국/교환센터 발착공정 자동화에 관한 연구, 한국전자통신연구원 (ETRI), 2003.5
- 제조/공급시스템의 생산/보관/유통의 최적화 및 통합관리, 교육부 (BK21 핵심분야 사업), 2003.3
- A study on the economic design problems of automated parking systems, Korea Research Foundation, 1997.10-1999.9
- The Design of Mutually Interactive Green SCM, Ministry of Education (BK21), 1999.8~
- The Optimal Operation of Truck Transport Systems and Distribution Center, KOSEF, 1999.9 ~
- Hee-Seon Jang, Young-Bu Kim and Hark Hwang, "Economic Analysis for Wireless Multimedia Services", Asia Pacific Management Review, Vol.10, No.5, 2005