Ph.D. in Industrial & Systems Engineering
- 2009 KAIST, Industrial & Systems Engineering B.S
- 2011 KAIST, Industrial & Systems Engineering M.S
- 2013 KAIST, Industrial & Systems Engineering Ph.D
- 2013~2014: Researcher, Dept. of Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, University of California Berkeley
- 2015~2019.08: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Systems Management Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University
- 2019.09~Current: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering, KAIST
Smart Factory with Machine Learning
- Machine learning-based scheduling for semiconductor manufacturing
- Reinforcement learning for flexible manufacturing systems
- Operational control for power plants with machine learning
Production and Logistics Management
- Optimal logistics control for steel manufacturing
- Operations and logistics of warehouse automation systems
Systems Modeling, Scheduling, and Control
- Scheduling theory and applications of discrete evet systems
- Modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems with a Petri net
- Integration of reinforcement learning and scheduling theory
- H.-J. Kim and J.-H. Lee, "Cyclic robot scheduling for 3D printer-based flexible assembly systems," Annals of Operations Research, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-018-3098-2.
- H.-J. Kim and J.-H. Lee, "Closed-form expressions on lot completion time for dual-armed cluster tools with parallel processing modules," IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 898-907, 2019.
- H.-J. Kim, "Bounds for parallel machine scheduling with predefined parts of jobs and setup time," Annals of Operations Research, vol. 261, pp. 401-412, 2018.
- J.-H. Lee and H.-J. Kim, "Completion time analysis of wafer lots in single-armed cluster tools with parallel processing modules," IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1622-1633, 2017.
- T-S. Yu, H.-J. Kim, and T.-E. Lee, "Minimization of waiting time variation in a generalized two-machine flowshop with waiting time constraints and skipping jobs," IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 155-165, 2017.
- D.-K. Kim, H.-J. Kim, and T.-E. Lee, "Optimal scheduling for sequentially connected cluster tools with dual-armed robots and a single input and output module," International Journal of Production Research, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 3092-3109, 2017.
- T.-E. Lee, H.-J. Kim*, D.-H. Roh, and R. S. Sreenivas, "Characterizing token delays of timed event graphs for K-cyclic schedules," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 961-966, 2017.
- Committee Member, Korean Institute of Industrial Engineering, 2017-2018
- Associate Editor, IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, 2017-2019